Thursday, June 21, 2012

Future Ain't What it Used to Be

I talked to an old hippie girl on the metro bus
today
She was over 65 years old, living in senior housing 
Eyes still sparkled, though she was
     gray haired, wrinkled and fat.

"When I was young, I hated to hear
the old people complain about 'the 
    world today' - how bad everything 
    is, how good things were in the
    past; how everything gets worse 
    and worse. 

I promised that when
    I got old, I would not complain
    about 'the kids today' - how things
    are worse than they used to be.

But that's a promise I can't keep.

The world has gone wrong. People
are worse than they were before.
We are about the destroy the earth.
Horrible things are happening now - 
caused by human greed -  that
I could have never dreamed of.
The  world is on 
the wrong path,"
    she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment